During this challenging time, when our country and indeed the world has been battling the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the amazing staff of the NHS and other key workers of the frontline who have emerged as our unsung heroes.
Although we may be known for our work with perinatal mental health and babies, we are passionate about the NHS and have created a Wellbeing & Resilience Package that has been designed to support and provide self-care to ALL staff from all backgrounds.
Weekly Online Wellbeing & Resilience Sessions
To support NHS staff throughout the second lockdown in November, we held weekly online Wellbeing & Resilience sessions to support NHS staff. We know that you often put yourself last on the list of self-care and so, were thrilled by the feedback from participants. We hope that these techniques will be included in you and your team’s ongoing support and care.
“It’s important we take of ourselves as health professionals so that we best care for our patients.”
“As someone who does not partake in yoga or mindfulness regularly, I had my reservations prior to the session, however I was wrong to do so, the session was very relaxing, I came away feeling refreshed, and is something that I would like to see repeated again in the future.“
“It’s important to emphasise the significance of taking time out for ourselves and recognising the daily strains we put our bodies through.”
“Great to be virtual, would have felt self conscious doing the exercises in a face to face session.”
“I have learnt to treat myself well and be kind to my body. I have learnt different relaxation techniques.“
Ongoing NHS Wellbeing & Resilience Packages
To continue to help support staff throughout this ongoing time of crisis, we have created unique “Wellbeing & Resilience” packages specifically created to continue supporting NHS staff and teams. Ideal as part of any NHS Trust’ corporate wellbeing package, during an initial powerful and transformative 60-minute session, participants’ will be given an hour of precious ‘down-time’ where the focus is solely on THEIR wellbeing, THEIR restoration and THEIR resilience.
The outcome of the session is to teach individuals a variety of holistic and natural self-care techniques, which they can easily use and apply in their daily working lives to help them build up and maintain their mental, emotional and physical strength.
The outline of the ‘Wellbeing & Resilience’ session is as follows:
Mindfulness exercise – brain scans have shown how positive long-term changes occur following regular mindfulness & meditation practice.
– Deep breathing exercises to counteract the impact of PPE and ongoing adrenal stress.
– Focus on exercises for the eyes to aid the impact of increased screen time during lockdown.
-Self-care massage and reflexology techniques to ease tension from being on the feet for long shifts or sitting at desks for long periods.
– Yoga stretches with particular focus on:
- Neck and shoulders to counteract long periods of sitting at a computer and stress and tension held in these areas
- Upper body stretches to release tension from the diaphragm caused by stress and shallow breathing with PPE
- Yoga postures on all-fours to take the pressure off the spine from long periods of being on their feet or at desks and to help prevent and alleviate backache and pains.
- Uplifting standing strength postures for developing fitness and positive mindset
- Stretches for the psoas muscle to aid tension in the lower back and hips caused by long shifts and to release any emotions stored there.
– Vital relaxation at the end the session to leave participants feeling restored, revitalised and energised for the rest of their day.
The session is run online via Zoom and sessions are recorded so that participants can access the content at any time. We are also able to create more than one session on the same day or different days to work round staffing needs.
Initial 60-minute transformative Wellbeing & Resilience package: £500 for up to 50 delegates.
- The package also includes a link to the recording of the session, access to the NHS Support & Care area on the MamaBabyBliss website. This is only available for NHS staff and has a series of short and practical wellbeing videos and ‘tip-sheets’ for daily tips and reminders.
Testimonials from NHS staff:
‘The session was excellent. Thank you so much for providing it.’ Peter Shires
‘It was great! Vanessa is a really positive person. It’s a shame we can’t have a yoga session every week.” Nottinghamshire Trust Paediatric Registrar.