The MamaBabyBliss Charitable Foundation aims to bring the benefits of baby massage, baby yoga and new mum treatments to those who would not otherwise have access. The foundation can also provide pregnancy yoga and pregnancy massage to expectant mums, offering love and positive experiences whilst babies are still in the womb. These communities include:
- Mothers with postnatal depression or depression – there are many who suffer in isolation and baby massage can be wonderful for bonding between mother and child.
- Parents & babies with special needs: the deaf, the blind and the disabled for whom touch can make a profound difference.
- Premature babies – premature babies who are massaged grow at twice the rate of babies who are not massaged.
- Terminally or very ill babies or parents.
- Mothers and babies in prisons.
- Mothers and babies who are in shelters as a result of domestic violence.
- Mothers and fathers with babies who have suffered bereavement.
The mission of the MamaBabyBliss Foundation, as explained by Founder and Director, Justina Perry is to make a genuine difference to the wellbeing of ALL parents and babies:
Baby massage and baby yoga can make a profound and positive difference to all babies and their parents, benefitting them physically, mentally and emotionally. Sadly there are many communities, who don’t have access. Our aim at MamaBabyBliss is to nurture and pamper parents and babies everywhere and to bring these amazing therapies and benefits to everyone.
Each year, we hold a MamaBabyBlissful Week during which MamaBabyBliss Teachers host MamaBabyBlissful events and activities to help raise funds for the MamaBabyBliss Charitable Foundation. Since 2014 we have raised over £3,000, which has been used for a number of community projects, including raising money for the charity Forever Stars to establish a Bereavement Room in the maternity unit of the Nottingham Healthcare Trust. We are currently raising money to create a permanent sanctuary space for mums and babies within the Mother & Baby Unit at Nottingham Healthcare Trust to support mums and babies within the unit. To find out more about the project, please visit the Making a Difference page on our website.
MamaBabyBliss provides a Special Needs Training Programme to MamaBabyBliss Associate Teachers to equip them with the skills and expertise to work with parents and babies with special needs and in the communities previously mentioned.
A huge thank you to all the individuals and businesses that have helped us make a difference to so many mums and babies already.