I love this time of year. Ever since I was a little girl, Christmas gets me excited in October. And I love New Year too. Not just because of the socialising but because it’s a time of year when I consciously take the time to reflect and take the opportunity to take stock of my life.
Most of the time, like I’m sure for most of you reading this, life just seems to speed by quicker than the speed of light. I always seem to be rushing around, trying to squeeze in far too many things and give myself very little time to reflect on what I’ve accomplished, let alone applaud myself for it. In fact, a lot of the time, I stress about the fact that I haven’t done enough.
So, as I was sitting here making my list of what this year has brought, I did feel a sense of pride about some of my achievements. Now, I will admit that I am fortunate and blessed that work is my passion, so you’ll have to forgive me if a lot of this is work related. Also I want to emphasise that, if it wasn’t for an amazing team around me, then none of this would be possible.
So here are some of my highlights. I would encourage you to grab a notebook and pen and write down what YOU’VE achieved. Your list may be different but each achievement, no matter how big or small needs to be celebrated to help you realise just how amazing you are!
My highlights 2019:
- Visiting China no less than 4 times to launch MamaBabyBliss in China
- One of these visits was also because MamaBabyBliss was invited by the Department of Industry and Trade to represent the UK as a leading mother and baby brand at the Best of Britain exhibition in Shanghai
- Visiting Malta to train Lara Cini who is doing an amazing job in launching MamaBabyBliss in Malta
- Being on national TV twice to talk about perinatal and postnatal mental health for dads and mums.
- Opening up our first MamaBabyBliss Sanctuary in Hitchin
- Being invited by a top law firm in London to talk about the importance of self-care for our mental health
- Visiting the Mother & Baby Unit in Chelmsford, one of the nine units that have been trained by MamaBabyBliss to offer baby yoga and baby massage to help support the vulnerable mothers and babies in the Unit.
- Celebrating some of these achievements with a group of MamaBabyBliss Teachers at our annual conference where I was so powerfully reminded of what a privilege and honoour it is to work with such incredible women.
- Getting a message from Dianne Venning, our MamaBabyBliss Teacher in St Helena, an island in the South Atlantic, that the very first MamaBabyBliss babies were born overseas. The mummies had attended Dianne’s PregnancyBliss classes there and I make no bones that I blubbed when I heard that.
Having started MamaBabyBliss, as a teacher with very small classes in North London, with absolutely no clue that this is where we would one day, I have to be honest, that there are days where I can’t believe this has all happened. Let alone in one year!
So, what are my goals for 2019? To continue with a lot of the above and alongside my work still be the best mummy, wife and daughter I can be. And perhaps on reflection, slow down just a little and make sure that in amongst all the achieving, there is still some time to also focus on just me.
Wishing you and your families a very Happy New Year and all the very best for 2019.