Dr. Raja Gangopadhyay
Founder of International Forum for Wellbeing In Pregnancy (IFWIP)
We are privileged to have Dr. Raja Gangopadhyay on board as an advisor for MamaBabyBliss. Dr. Gangopadhyay is a renowned Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in the UK, with a special interest in Perinatal Wellbeing and Perinatal Mental Health (PMH). He campaigns to provide comprehensive obstetric care for women with all kinds of Perinatal Mental Health illnesses during their pregnancy and after childbirth.
He is an acclaimed trainer, speaker, blogger and strong advocate for holistic care during pregnancy and women’s choices. His work has often attracted the attention of the media and has appeared in many media interviews.
Dr. Gangopadhyay founded International Forum for Wellbeing In Pregnancy (IFWIP) to promote awareness of issues concerning the mental health and wellbeing of the women during and after pregnancy.
His mission is to promote health and wellbeing during every pregnancy regardless of the pregnancy outcome. He firmly believes that this is possible only through the participation of the entire community. He also believes that the most important aspect of care is listening to mothers (and their families) to shape the healthcare system and their opinion and views should be the first and foremost factor for every care pathway.
Dr. Gangopadhyay has been invited to speak and run workshops in various national and international conferences and events including, including at the House of Lords. He campaigns for better perinatal mental healthcare in Maternity Units and works to raise awareness of the importance of addressing stress and mental health conditions during pregnancy. He has organised community events, expressed his concerns in a UK newspaper and met MPs and Royal Colleges.
Dr. Gangopadhyay has appeared in many media interviews including BBC Asian Network, BBC Three Counties Radio, Lyca Radio Dil Se, NTV Europe and Bob FM Radio.
Here are some of the articles in which Dr. Gangopadhyay’s opinions and views have been quoted:
- ‘Mums With Mental Health Issues Are Being Separated From Their Babies, Warn Doctors’ (Huffington Post)
- ‘Six things to know if you are a young mum struggling with your mental health’ (Huffington Post)
- ‘We’re too scared to have a second baby’: They dreamed of large families but, like singer Adele, crippling postnatal depression has forced these mothers to stop at one (Daily Mail)
- ‘Depression Awareness Week: Mum Bravely Shares Experience Of Prenatal Depression’ (Huffington Post)
- ‘Postnatal depression: It doesn’t just happen to new mums.’ (Netdoctor)
- ‘The mother who contemplated suicide for six years and another who was sterilised after giving birth: Post-natal depression sufferers speak about a condition too many doctors don’t understand’ (Daily Mail)
- ‘World Mental Health Day: Why No Woman Should Ever Feel Ashamed Of Suffering From Postnatal Depression’ (Huffington Post)
- ‘Natalie Pinkham reveals pregnancy ‘caution’ after losing twin and nearly dying the first time she gave birth’ (Mirror)
- ‘What to do if you think you have postnatal depression’ (Netdoctor)
- ‘How was it for you? Birth trauma…..’ (Selfish Mother)
The following are our Blog posts in the category ‘Dr. Raja Gangopadhyay’